Wednesday, August 26, 2009

More interior updating


Okay, so the Hog is still being updated... Today I got a shipment of the skins spare tire cover, flags, steering wheel and of course fuzzy dice. After a week of painting the interior with a Washington Gold Satin paint, Lindsay flat out told me it looked like shit and that I should get the high gloss paint. I didn't believe her. We went to home depot where they had paint samples. I believed the paint samples and got the Washington Gold high gloss. The painted sections were then sanded back down to the wood and repainted in 3+ "coats", not layers, like I like to call them (thanks photoshop). The fresh paint made the paneling "pop", just like Shawn Johnson's Ortega taco.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms5d9RN0WzY

Also, the "rape curtains" will be replaced with Skins cotton fabric which will be sewn by miss hughes. The van is coming together and the schedule will be posted soon, first come first serve.

-----

Future Possibilities

Mifi - Mobile Wifi - Hogvan wireless
http://moremobileinternet.com/verizon-modem-cards/novatel-mifi-2200/

Apparently it's $40 or so a month for this on a 1yr min. subscription to mifi service with verizon. It's not worth the money now, but if the Hogvan becomes a fleet of Hogs, it could be... Just an idea, I'm sure in a couple years this will be standard in all vehicles.

Does anyone know if a digital converter box will actually work to pick up signal at FedEx, I assume it will, but haven't bought a box or done any testing... please comment back on this...

Another thing is, I'll need a generator to power the TV. If you have an extra one/one for rent/borrow let me know or know of a solid cheap one. PS3 and Rockband will be coming to the game too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HOGVAN Tailgate Menu