Monday, August 17, 2009

Interior Facelift


The Hog Van's interior is undergoing renovations this week, starting with the conversion wood paneling. This has involved removing each piece of paneling from the doors, curtains, and dash, as well the as overhead light and ac unit panels – it’s been a slow process. I have had to sand down each panel to get rid of the glossy stain and then I have painted with each piece with three coats of Washington Gold NFL paint.

It's extra tricky/sketchy to be unscrewing the paneling in the garage of my parking lot, and even worse to be taking a trash bag containing all of the pieces down the garage elevator and then into my apartment elevator. Once in the apartment, I have virtually no room to paint these panels so I've made a sad attempt at a painting station, using every available inch of counter space in the kitchen. Three coats of paint later and I'm still wondering if I need a roller...

The fuses have been replaced and the limo lights are once again operational. I found a matching door handle, however the portion inside of the door has been stripped, so that's the next part to be replaced. Also, the hunt for a replacement G20 grille is still going on... if you have a G20 grille, I'll take it off your hands.

The next interior project for the Hog Van is the sound system. Right now there are stock speakers in the dash, two random center speakers that are dead and two rear Jensen speakers. I hope to replace the four center and front speakers with new ones, add a mediocre head unit with aux in, and hopefully a cheap sub to give the Hog some bass.

Eventual updates might have to include tint or replacement curtains with Skins material... Lindsay, I'm looking at you.


2 comments:

HOGVAN Tailgate Menu